Do you ever feel like you are on a hamster wheel? You just keep spinning and spinning and you don’t seem to be moving in the right direction? As a mom, I feel like this often. Just when I’m getting ahead on the laundry, I have two more loads to do. As soon as my dark brown floors are clean, Ellianna crushes a pretzel with her foot. It’s like a never-ending to-do list with the same tasks appearing over and over. That’s life I suppose! Honestly, I wouldn’t have it any other way. HOWEVER, that’s not to say that I won’t soak up any time-saving advice someone wants to dish out. I’ll take ALL of the time-saving tips I can get. Who’s with me?
A few weeks ago I sat down and I thought through every aspect of my day. I looked at every task and I thought, “how can I tackle life more efficiently and effectively?” I researched and came up with quite a few ideas. The result: I compiled a complete list of 40 easy and simple time-saving tips all moms should know about. The best part: they are doable… and they work.
So how do I go about adding these tasks into my life without feeling too overwhelmed?
First, I only add three tasks each week. For example, this week I am going to purchase a scrub brush to keep in the shower, make sure my pantry is stocked with staple ingredients, and stock my car for quick trips. I’m not going to try to do EVERYTHING on this list at once. Not only is that unrealistic, but it’s also way too overwhelming and will not help me accomplish my goals.
Remember…slow and steady wins the race. That absolutely holds true when it comes to time-management. You have to train your brain and create habits that become second nature rather than forcing yourself to do 25 things you don’t have any desire to do!
This post contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase any of the products I have recommended, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you. Please note that I only recommend brands that I would buy for my own family! For more information, please refer to my disclosures page. (P.S. Thanks for helping me stay home with my little girl!)
Here is a sneak peek at the first 20 time-saving tips all moms should know about:
- Organize your family’s outfits for the entire week.
- Require everyone to turn their clothes right side out and empty their pockets before putting laundry in the hamper
- Use a mesh bag to wash and dry socks.
- Keep a separate laundry basket for each family member and make them responsible for putting their clothes away.
- Meal prep for breakfast and lunch once a week.
- Meal plan once a week. (Your meal plan doesn’t have to be complicated! Sandwiches count!)
- Complete one major cleaning task each day (i.e. Monday=bathrooms; Tuesday=strip beds, etc.)
- Schedule for household essentials to automatically be delivered to your door. Click here for my FAVORITE site!
- Mount hooks at your kid’s level so they can hang their backpacks and coats. This reduces clutter and keeps things organized.
- Make grab and go snacks and place them in the pantry and in the fridge so kids can get snacks on their own.
- Cook double batches of food and put the leftovers in the freezer OR use it the next day for another meal.
- Consolidate your errands. Try to do them once a week instead of every day!
- Design an efficient kitchen (i.e. keep everything you need to make coffee near the coffee machine).
- Create routine charts for your kids so they know exactly what they are supposed to do in the morning and at night.
- Keep a cleaning rag or scrub brush right in the shower to use every day!
- Stock your pantry with staple ingredients for a quick, easy meal in a pinch.
- Create a command center in a central location (with important dates and information) for everyone to refer to on their own.
- Keep the car stocked for quick trips.
- Set recurring reminders on your phone for things like bills and taxes to make sure you don’t forget them.
- Choose 3 important tasks to do each day. Don’t overwhelm yourself.
Subscribe below to get access to 20 ADDITIONAL time-saving tips I absolutely swear by!
What time-saving tips do you use in your home?